Information for Members
(For membership forms, please see the membership page.)
Club rules & policies
- Club Rules 2016 (amended) (February 2016)
- Personal Data Policy 2018 (February 2018)
- Safe Sailing Policy 2018 (April 2018)
- Welfare Policy 2018 (July 2018)
Members should contact an Officer of the Club for information on Club policies.
Sidmouth Sailing Club benefits by having Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) status. We may only retain this status if at least 50% of our membership participate in defined activities at least 12 times each year (April to March). We need all SSC members (but not SSC Supporters Club members) to ensure their activities are recorded.
‘Participation’The following are acceptable categories of participation:
Water-based and support to water-based activities:
- Sailing, including at distant venues (helm or crew)
- Committee/patrol/safety boat duties (helm or crew)
- Mark laying
- Race Officer duties
- Beach duties, including launch/recovery etc.
- Admin duties- registration, race results, etc.
- Boat maintenance, including at home
- Providing training
- Receiving training
- Committee member tasks
- Public relations
- Assisting with administration
- Working galley/bar
- Preparing food drink, including at home
- Port Royal management, including licensee tasks
- Port Royal maintenance tasks
CASC recording methods
Members are responsible for ensuring their participation in water-based and support to water-based activities is recorded on the signing-on sheet available in the Boat Store.
N.B. please print your full name and make it legible!
Organisers of training sessions are responsible for ensuring members’ participation in water-based and support to water-based activities is recorded on a Signing-on Sheet available in the Boat Store or Miscellaneous Activities Signing-on Sheet are available in the Galley (folder by small microwave oven on the counter).
Two forms are available in the Galley (folder by small microwave oven on the counter) for recording additional activities: 1) Large-group attendance at a specified activity can be recorded on the Miscellaneous Activities Signing-on Sheet, or 2) Individual participation in an activity may be recorded on the CASC Activities Spreadsheet form.
If a member undertakes a relevant activity at home, or elsewhere away from the Club, they may send an e-mail to the Hon. Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be suitable for activities such as committee tasks, boat maintenance, food preparation, etc.
For more information...
If there are any questions in respect of CASC activity recording, please contact the Vice Commodore (email@example.com) or the Hon. Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).