Sidmouth SC is a small, family-oriented dinghy sailing club with active racing and training programmes for both adults and children. Racing takes place mostly in the four club classes: Scorpion, Laser, Topper and RS Feva.
Our open-sea sailing has made Sidmouth a popular location for a number of large events, including:
- Laser 2000 National Championships: 2010
- Laser Masters World Qualifier: 2008, 2009
- Laser Masters Nationals: 2007
- Scorpion Nationals: 1995, 2004, 2013
- Mirror Nationals: 1994
- Mirror World Championships: 1988
The club is located at the top of Lyme Bay, on the Jurassic Coast (a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001).
Photos of sailing at Sidmouth are available on Flickr: John Jones's photostream.